Eleven years ago, I left the UK to live a life abroad. I didn’t know where I was going to settle down but my travels bought me to Turkey where I am now permanently based.
I instantly fell in the love with this country, the history, the culture and people. My aim in life is to explore the whole of Turkey and document my travels on this blog.
This is going to take me years to accomplish because Turkey is a big country with a population of over 70 million people. So many places to go and so many people to meet.
I hope that over the years, you will enjoy my tales and continue to be an avid reader of my blog. I love to hear from people who have visited Turkey and want to share their lasting impressions of the country, so feel free to contact me or comment on any of my blog posts.
Many people who have traveled to Turkey will agree that the country is addictive. I meet holiday makers from all walks of life who return year after year, sometimes to the same place and sometimes to a new resort or town.
Even first time visitors who previously scoffed at the idea of coming here, are now hardened fans that will continue to visit for the rest of their life. If you have not been to Turkey, you are missing out on a country that brings so many friendships and lifetime experiences with it.
- See an updated map of everywhere I have been in Turkey
- Read about Turkish food and drink
- See my photo posts from places around Turkey
- Read about my experiences of Turkish culture and traditions
- Learn more about the region of Cappadocia
Highlights of my Travels
Latest posts by Natalie (see all)
- Exploring Turkish Landscapes : Evoking Bittersweet Memories of Cultural Differences - July 6, 2014
- 20 Pictures From the Topkapi Palace in Istanbul - June 11, 2014
- 5 Things to Do in Yalikavak : From An Insider - May 3, 2014