The Istanbul tourist e-Pass is rapidly growing in popularity with visitors thanks to huge savings and many attractions, museums, and experiences. After a few slow years, the tourism industry in Istanbul is up and running again at full pace! Tour operators try to offer visitors the best tours, packages, experiences, and value for money. So, no matter your holiday style or budget, you will find the tour you want and see the beautiful city of Istanbul your way! But we think this Istanbul e-pass is worth looking at. See their website here, or read on to find out why you need it when visiting Istanbul.
What Sets the Istanbul Tourist e-Pass Apart?
1: Save Time at Attractions
It is an online Pass. That means there is no physical ticket, just a digital QR code to access through a user-friendly App or via the official website. This QR code is a ‘digital Pass’ that gives access to guided tours and entrance to other attractions. All you need is your phone! Skip the ticket line for all major attractions in the old city Sultanahmet district. These include guided tours to Hagia Sophia, palaces like Topkapi and Dolmabahce, the Basilica Cistern and more! In summer especially, you can skip super long ticket lines, leaving more time to explore attractions and main sites like the Bosphorus.
2: Customise and Save Money in Istanbul
With Istanbul Tourist Pass, your holiday itinerary is fully customisable. So, choose which attractions depending on your preferences and interests on a city tour. The days of buying expensive full-day tours to only see one or two places are long gone! Instead, instantly have access to more than 35 attractions, experiences, and services. Just choose the number of days. The more you use your Pass, the more you save!
3: Unlimited Help and Advice from Istanbul Locals
Another bonus is the free personalised service. Message via WhatsApp to get in touch with their friendly, local team who help with issues or questions about the Pass or Istanbul. It is a thoughtful and helpful service, especially for first-time visitors.
How Much is the Istanbul Tourist e-Pass?
The Pass offers the same 35+ attractions, experiences, and services for each Pass. Decide how many days you want and how many people, and when you want a reservation for a guide.
- 2-day Pass: €95 per adult, €45 per child (aged 5-12)
- 3-days Pass: €115 per adult, €55 per child (aged 5-12)
- 5-day Pass: €135 per adult, €65 per child (aged 5-12)
- 7-day Pass: €145 per person, €75 per child (aged 5-12)
The days of the Pass are consecutive calendar days. The first day you use a service, activity or visit an attraction counts as the first valid day of the Pass. For multiple people travelling together, buy one Pass. For example, purchase one 2-day Pass for two adults and three children rather than five separate Passes. This makes it easier when booking because you only do it once. For children under 5, pay their entry fee at each attraction because only a few require it for children that age.
Attractions included in the Discount Istanbul e-Pass
- Hagia Sophia Tour with guide
- Topkapi Palace Museum Tour with guide
- Basilica Cistern Tourist Tour
- Dolmabahce Palace Museum Guided Tour
- Bosphorus Dinner Cruise with a view and Turkish Show
- Bursa Tourist Day Trip from Istanbul
- Istanbul Sapphire Observation Deck
- Istanbul Aquarium Florya
- Sapanca Lake and Masukiye Tour Day Trip from Istanbul
- Sile & Agva tourist trip from Istanbul
- Whirling Dervishes Show
- Museum Of Illusions Istanbul Istiklal Street
- Museum of Illusions Anatolia
- Madame Tussauds Wax Museum Istanbul
- Sealife Aquarium Park
- Hop On Hop Off Bosphorus Cruise
- Bosphorus Boat Tour
- Blue Mosque Istanbul Guided Tour
- Grand Bazaar Istanbul Guided Tour
- Hagia Irene Museum Guided Tour
- Serefiye Cistern Guided Tour
- Turkish and Islamic Arts Museum Guided Tour
- Istanbul Airport Shuttle via Bus
- Princes Islands Boat Trip from Eminonu Port (Round trip)
- Istanbul private airport Transfer (Discounted)
- Istanbul 4 D Sky Ride Simulation
- Legoland Discovery Centre Istanbul
- Princes Island Boat and cruise Trip from Kabatas Port
- Covid-19 PCR test (Discounted)
Visiting Istanbul Museums on Your Own
You cannot visit the world heritage Hagia Sophia museum, Topkapi Palace, Dolmabahce Palace, Basilica Cistern, the Turkish & Islamic Arts Museum, Hagia Irene or Serefiye Cistern on your own with Istanbul e-Pass. The only way to do this is to line up at the ticket office of each attraction, buy a ticket and then go in by yourself. (Please note guided tours must be reserved upfront.)
Yes, the Pass is as good as it sounds! But rest assured that there are no hidden costs. I mentioned extra fees like audio guides in English, so you are best-equipped to decide if Istanbul Tourist Pass will work. For more information, check out the official website here and look at their FAQ page for extra details. Also, follow them on Facebook and Instagram to keep up-to-date with the latest and things to see and do in Istanbul city during day and night.